My favorite Music

 Hi everyone, i’ll write about my favorite music. I think the best form of explaining this is answering some questions so let’s begin.

First. What’s the type of music that I usually listen to?

What is behind that style?

Who are good musicians in that genre?

What is my favorite band?

What do I'd like to change about my favorite music style?

I usually listen to rock because it is a popular music which influenced a lot of modern styles. I mean how Chuck Berry or Elvis makes an important contribution to pop music to our days, where rock n roll was the evolution blues, a simple evolution of the tempo. Then the British invasion with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Who turned upside down the total perception of music. So the entire genre is a rupturist in a simple way because if we see music theory Jazz is a superior style in complexity of composition. The lyrics of rock can be so dark, painful or funny and give you a real adrenaline attack.

Behind rock is the Blues, a real dark and sorrow sound, it has an african root, that explains the primitive sound of percussion. Most of its songs are from an oral tradition of cotton fields slaves in the USA, they only had their voice, maybe an harmonica or guitar to play and that could have been their only exit to the pain. 

There are a lot of very good musicians in rock music but I think their abilities can be ignored and the real talented are those who make a real change with simple and elegant ideas like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath, these four band can be named the fathers of Hard Rock and Metal. 

Black Sabbath. This British band is the creator of metal music, in his first albums you can hear simple but heavy music, a new style named Doom.











My Favorite band is a Swedish band called Graveyard, some people called their style like a doomy folk metal but i think it is mostly blues rock, their sound is fresh and “seventies”, their music with orange amps and big muff pedals makes an original hippie blues sound. I really recommend this band. 



In the past this style was very oppresive with women, these days the culture of rockstar and groupies has declive, but in the scene of rock music it is really hard to see women on the stage. There are some bands with women in vocals and that tone can give you chills, i mean, it is really brutal the women vocal range. 

Comentarios

  1. I just listened some Graveyard songs and I totally liked them! since I listen BB king sometimes, I inmediately understood what were you saying about the "blues rock" :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I never heard of Graveyard, i think i might like his style

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi! I've never listened to Graveyard, he's got good music

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Omg I will listen to Graveyard! I have never heard of them. My boyfriend told me that they are good and also he has a cd of them

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario